At the beginning of the year, I told myself I would work on terrain. Eight months later, I completed the first pieces for the year. First up are Italeri walls that Warlord also sells (though these were not branded as Warlord). They went together easy enough, but the three sided piece has broken twice. They do not give enough to make two squares, so I had to improvise. I figures the open one could butt up against trees or a house.
Were I to do it again, or I should say, when I get another set, I will/ would fill the gaps a bit better with green stuff. I didn't think the lines would show as bad when painted. But for about $15, they're pretty damn nice.
Second is a tilled field I made from resin walls I got at my LGS for about $3, mounted them on plasticard with my home brew of sand, ballast and wood glue. It's pretty solid once it dries and is painted. I primed, painted and flocked it, then experimented with Vallejo Still Water to add puddles. I like the effect. My next battalion of Landwehr will be trodding through the mud, so this was the basing trial.
I still have a few more of these walls, so I will make another, smaller field. I am pleased with the outcome.